Monday, March 24, 2008

"Friends"

My legs felt like dead weight this morning. I thought it might be the big bag that I was carrying but then when I got off my bike, it felt like I was wearing weights on my feet. I hate those mornings when the ride feel like 100 miles against 70 MPH winds.

This weekend was the worst for any types of transportation. Saturday was the Resurrection Alley Cat. I heard downtown early to get my medication from Bartels. After I got my pills, I headed to Capital Hill and I blew a tire. I have three extra tubes; no big deal. I changed the tire and started up again. Then I blew another tire and this time the bike bucked me off. So, I proceed to change the tire again. 2 tubes in 2 minutes.

The race was cool. I got my egg with the manifest and decided to go downtown to hit the first check point. As I'm speeding down Pine, I get another fucking flat. Well, I had run out of tubes, so I walked my bike home. As I'm walking, I can barley hold the frame because I'm shaking with anger.

Didn't even hit one check point.

Any ways, later on that night, while dropping off friends I got another fucking flat. This time in my car.

So it really wasn't my day. I successfully got to work without any trouble (besides feeling like shit and drained.)

Though I did some someone get thrown from a car this weekend on a busy corner of a downtown street. It was nuts, the car ran the light and his another car too. Shit was wild.

No comments: